Woodworking experts would agree that this versatile, safe, and indispensable power tool should be the first machine to purchase for a home workshop. From simple cuts to joinery to intricate designs, chances are whatever you need to do, you can do it with a band saw.
Whether you're seeking the basics or advanced techniques, it's all here, including:
• The questions you must ask before purchasing a new or used band saw
• How to set up, maintain, and safely operate your saw
• Proper blade selection and the secrets to making straight and curved cuts
• How to use patterns, templates, and accessories
• Four projects to develop your band saw skills
With an informative glossary and a valuable list of resources, this is the must-have reference for anyone looking to learn everything he or she needs to know about the band saw.