Now you can make strong butterfly spline glue joints, extension table slides and decorative butterfly inlays. Use these bits in conjunction with our 1/2" to 1" diameter 14° dovetail bits to cut the slots. Instructions included. All bits two flute, carbide tipped. USA brand - click hereWhat's the difference?
Router Saftey Chart - Suggested Speeds:
up to 1"
1-1/16" to 2"
2-1/16" to 2-1/2"
2-9/16" to 3"
Router Saftey Tips:
- Always wear eye and ear protection.
- Always use properly sharpened bits.
- Never use bits that are dull or damaged.
- Shank must be completely inserted into collet and then backed-off approximately 1/16".
- Don't "bottom-out" bit in collet.
- Never partially insert bit into collet. Tighten securely and recheck periodically for possible slippage or "run-out" due to wear.
- Keep collet clean and replace if worn.
- Never start the router with the bit in contact with wood.
- Always feed your work in the proper direction against the bit rotation.
- Don't force feed the bit or overload your router, Feed at a constant moving speed to avoid burning the wood.
- Do not face tool's discharge when operating.
- Always unplug router when changing bits or making adjustments.
- Use a router table and fence whenever possible.
- Make sure your work piece is properly secured and use push blocks, sticks and featherboards whenever possible.
- Keep all your bits, bearings and assemblies clean, lubricated, and securely fastened. To avoid damage, store them properly in a pouch, box or tray.
- The bigger the bit, the lower RPM recommended (see chart).