Use this bit to produce extra strong miter joints in boxes, beams, columns, and cabinet face frame corners. When positioned properly, both pieces can be run without having to move the bit. One piece is run vertically, the other horizontally. You can also use the lock miter to glue up matching board stock horizontally. All bits two flute, carbide tipped. Instructions included. Use in router table only. USA
Don't forget to order Kwik Blocks for easy setup!
SAVE! 3-Piece Lock Miter Set - 1/2" shank #100-9205 includes:
brand - click here
What's the difference?
45 Degree Lock Miter
Router Saftey Chart - Suggested Speeds:
up to 1"
1-1/16" to 2"
2-1/16" to 2-1/2"
2-9/16" to 3"
Router Saftey Tips:
- Always wear eye and ear protection.
- Always use properly sharpened bits.
- Never use bits that are dull or damaged.
- Shank must be completely inserted into collet and then backed-off approximately 1/16".
- Don't "bottom-out" bit in collet.
- Never partially insert bit into collet. Tighten securely and recheck periodically for possible slippage or "run-out" due to wear.
- Keep collet clean and replace if worn.
- Never start the router with the bit in contact with wood.
- Always feed your work in the proper direction against the bit rotation.
- Don't force feed the bit or overload your router, Feed at a constant moving speed to avoid burning the wood.
- Do not face tool's discharge when operating.
- Always unplug router when changing bits or making adjustments.
- Use a router table and fence whenever possible.
- Make sure your work piece is properly secured and use push blocks, sticks and featherboards whenever possible.
- Keep all your bits, bearings and assemblies clean, lubricated, and securely fastened. To avoid damage, store them properly in a pouch, box or tray.
- The bigger the bit, the lower RPM recommended (see chart).