The Easy Rougher® is a carbide cutter woodturning tool that addresses fatigue, safety, and efficiency like no other type of tool on the market. Designed to be kept flat on the tool rest and level to the floor, the Easy Rougher will effortlessly hog away massive amounts of material for any woodturning process without the need for sharpening. The tool design provides support directly beneath the cutting edge transferring the cutting pressure downward allowing the lathe to "take the pounding" that you would normally suffer through when using a conventional bowl gouge for roughing. No more `white knuckling' a bowl gouge.
- Cuts left, right and straight in without changing approach angle
- Truly deeper cuts - up to 1" off the diameter in one pass with the Full Size Rougher.
- Requires very little physical strength or exertion
- Your feet and hips stay in nearly the same position for the blank roughing process.
- Very minimal handle bouncing on irregular shaped blanks
- Reduced kick-back or sucking into work piece
- No intimidating cutting angles to learn and remember
- No bevels to ride
- No fear of a dangerous catch
The Full Size (415-9786) Rougher accepts 3 different cutters:
Ci1-R2 (415-9796), Ci1-R4 (415-9795), or the Ci1-Square (415-9794).
The Mini (415-9780) and Mid-Size (415-9783) Easy Rougher accepts 2 different cutters:
Ci2-R2 (415-9798) or the Ci2-Square (415-9797).
The crowned, R2 and R4, cutters excel at spindle roughing Ci1 detail and finishing and working inside bowls.
Choose the square cutter for cutting square shoulders such as tenons on bowls and spindle work.
For maximum efficiency, have a tool for each cutter. The Easy Rougher tool bars are CNC machined from solid stainless steel bar stock.
Replacement carbide cutter number is engraved right on the tool bar.
Available in 3 sizes.