|Use scroll bar to view additional images|
Bookmark this page
Prop 65 Info (CA Residents)
Worksharp 3000 Sharpening System
The Complete, Quick and Easy Dry Sharpening System
(1 Customer Review)
The WorkSharp 3000
is an air-cooled, dry sharpening system that is perfect for use with a wide range of tools including chisels, plane blades and carving tools. It sharpens by utilizing PSA abrasives on a precision flat, tempered glass wheel spinning at 580 rpm. The dry sharpening design means there is no need for sloppy oils or water.
The sharpening port features forced air cooling and can be set precisely at 20°, 25°, 30° and 35° so you get exactly the angle you want on your chisels and plane blades up to 2" wide. A port alignment fence keeps the tool properly positioned during sharpening. Wider tools can be sharpened freehand using the top tool rest. You can also sharpen gouges and carving tools and observe the tool edge as you sharpen them by using the slotted, see-through wheel and slotted abrasives. The optional Leather Honing Wheel is perfect for achieving a razor edge.
The WorkSharp 3000 System includes:
- Two glass wheels with (2) 120, (4) 400, (4) 1000 grit papers
- (1) 3600 grit Micromesh
- A slotted wheel with (1) 80, (2) 400 and (2) 1200 grit papers
- Also includes a top tool rest and a cleaning stick
- 110 Volt operation
- 2 year manufacturer's warranty.
Wide Blade Attachment
- Sharpens and hones flat blades up to 3" wide to any of these angles: 15°, 20°, 25°, 30°, 35°, 40°, 45°, 50° or 60°. Also allows for sharpening a 1° micro bevel onto your blades from any of the angles listed above. All tools and hardware for installation are also included.
Belt Sharpening System
- Sharpens knives & tools using a combination of flexible abrasive belts and a precision sharpening guide. This creates the sharpest blades you've ever had with speed, ease and repeatability. The sharpening guide is adjustable from 10° to 35° and accommodates standard knives, serrated knives and scissors. Includes: (1) 120 grit, (1) 220 grit, (1) 6000 grit belt.
Abrasive Kit - 12 Piece (Fine) includes:
- (6) 1000 grit Alum Oxide, (4) 400 grit Alum Oxide, (2) 400 grit Ceramic Oxide
Abrasive Kit - 9 Piece (Coarse) includes:
- (2) 80 grit Ceramic Oxide, (2) 120 grit Ceramic Oxide, (3) 220 grit Alum Oxide, (2) 400 grit Ceramic Oxide
Abrasive Kit - 6 Piece (Slotted) includes:
- (1) 80 grit, (2) 400 grit, (2) 1200 grit, (1) 6000 grit Micro Mesh
Abrasive Kit - 2 Piece (Micro Mesh Honing) includes:
- (1) 3600 grit, (1) 6000 grit Micro Mesh
Abrasive Belt Kit - 3 Piece (Assorted) includes:
- (1) 120 grit, (1) 220 grit, (1) 6000 grit, (Note: Belt Sharpening System Required)
Felt Polishing Kit
- Great for final polishing and honing tools to a precision edge and light de-burring and polishing tasks on various metals. Includes: (1) Top knob assembly, (1) Felt polishing wheel, (1) Chromium oxide honing compound - 0.5 Micron, (1) Wheel storage bag to reduce contamination.
Surface Conditioning Kit
- This medium density non-woven surface conditioning disk is designed to restore rusty / old tools to look new again. The thick woven disk conforms to the task at hand. Includes: (1) Top knob assembly, (1) Medium density non-woven surface conditioning disk.
(1 Customer Review)
Write your own review
Date Posted: 2008-03-04 00:00:00
Posted By: Mike
Location: West Chester, PA United States
Easy, reliable and well worth the cost. Biggest drawback is that the guide is limited and will only accommodate a plane blade of 2 inches or less, but you can free hand sharpen. Once you dress a chisel it's only a quick touch to keep it just about perfect.