Bookmark this page
Prop 65 Info (CA Residents)
HVLP Spray Station 3500 & Accessories
No experience required for a professional finish!
(0 Customer Reviews - Write One Today)
Now you can save time and money while achieving an expert finish using a wide variety of paints, stains, varnishes, acrylics and enamels! This HVLP spray system is ideal for large and intricate jobs both inside and outside your home. Low maintenance and "fast as a brush" clean up time guarantees you less overall cost and more free time.
The Earlex 3500 is designed and balanced for fast cleanup. The air jacket at the end of the nozzle ensures high paint transfer, efficiently allowing for faster, accurate and more detailed coverage with less paint wastage. With just a press and twist of the air cap, you can change your spray pattern with low over spray. Includes spray gun with one (1) quart plastic paint pot, turbine, 2.0mm needle, one cleaning brush, viscosity cup, 13' hose and power cord. Made in England.
1.0mm Stainless Needle: Ideal for an ultra fine finish and thin viscosity materials, especially water based finishes.
1.5mm Stainless Needle: Ideal for an ultra fine finish and thin viscosity materials, especially water based finishes.
2.0mm Stainless Needle: Ideal for a quality finish and medium/thick viscosity materials.
2.5mm Stainless Needle: Ideal for a coarse finish and thin to thick viscosity materials.
One Gallon Back Pack Container: Ideal for those large finishing projects. Includes 1 gal. spraypack, spraypack tubes, tube clips, hose adaptor, shoulder strap and instructions.
Paint Pot: 1 quart capacity, ideal spare if painting a variety of jobs. Allows storing pre-mixed paint in greater volumes, storing different colored paints and storing unused paint while spraying another job.
Spray Gun Cleaning Kit: For all HVLP spray station guns. Comes with 5 brushes and 2 nozzle cleaners for fast, efficient clean-up. Assures preventive maintenance for longer life and perfect performance every time.
Earlex HVLP Spray Station 3500
Small to Large - Heavy Duty
Fluid Tip Included
Gun Type & Capacity
Stanard Duty Gun
w/ 1qt plastic paint pot
1" - 12"
Push and Click
Taper Fan - Ametek
Gun, Hose & Power Cord
all on board
Power Cord Length
Needle Selection Chart:
Needle Fluid Tip Size
Cellulose, Acrylics, Synthetics, Polyurethane, Thinner
Oil base, Hammer, Oxide, Primer, Air Drying, Enamel, Varnish, Marine Paint, Multi-Color, industrial Synthetics, Oil, Polyurethane, Aluminum Thicker Lacquers, Water-Based Stains, Shellac)
Chlorinated Rubber, Oxide, Zinc Rich Primer, Epoxy, Plastic Additives, Floor Paving Paint, Latex
Spray Station FAQ's
- Q. The spray is very blotchy/splatters. What can I do?
- A. The paint requires thinning further (3.3 ounces to 4.3 ounces of the appropriate thinner).
- Q. What might be wrong if Intermittent spraying occurs?
- A. The pick-up tube is loose. Push in.
- B. The paint container is not tight enough. Hold the paint container and turn the spray gun.
- C. The paint requires more thinning/mixing.
- Q. It has stopped spraying during use. What might be wrong?
- A. The fluid tip may be blocked with paint. Also, check the air feed hole underneath the fluid tip.
- Q. I am getting an 'orange peel' effect. What can I do?
- A. The paint is being applied too thick. Turn the volume down, spray lighter coats, and use a smaller fluid tip and needle.
- B. The paint is drying before it hits the surface. Hold the spray gun closer to the item being sprayed.
- C. Spray Gun is not being held perpendicular to surface. Keep wrist and arm straight and move whole body. Keep spray gun an even distance from surface.
- Q. Can I get different sized fluid tips?
- A. Yes, you can get 1.0mm, 1.5mm and 2.5mm.
- Q. Will the SprayStation spray exterior latex/masonry paint?
- A. Yes, but with sufficient dilution and a 2.5mm fluid tip. This is better for walls and smaller areas rather than a whole house exterior because you will need to apply approximately 3 coats.
- Q. Do I need to mask anything?
- A. Although there is minimum overspray with HVLP technology you will always get a spray mist in the atmosphere, so it is advisable to mask over appliance sockets, light fittings etc. Also, cover any furniture in the area you are spraying with appropriate sheeting.
- Q. Will the Spray Gun I use spray different types of paint?
- A. Yes, but for different thicknesses different size Fluid Tips are available to achieve an improved finish . For example, 1.5mm for gloss paint or lacquers. (see needle chart for grade)
- Q. Does the viscosity guide cover all types of sprayers?
- A. No, it is only for Earlex SprayStations.
- Q. I have thinned the paint to the correct viscosity but it splatters everywhere, what can I do?
- A. You will need to thin it further. The viscosity test is a general guide to get the paint flowing. The timings can vary amongst various paint manufacturers. Try adding 3.3-4.4 ounces of the appropriate thinner then stir. See more about thinning at How-to section.
- Q. What do I thin the paint with?
- A. Water if water based. White spirit if solvent based. Cellulose if cellulose based.
- Q. Can I spray Hammerite?
- A. It is possible to spray but you will need to thin it nearly 50:50 with Hammerite thinners.
- Q. The paint I want to spray says `for brush or roller use only'. Can I spray this?
- A. This is usually because the paint manufacturer does not test it for spraying, However, most will spray with dilution. Always check with the manufacturer or our service department first.
- Q. Can I use my SprayStation for artificial suntan solution?
- A. No, the unit is not certified for this use or any other use not specified in the instructions. It will also invalidate the manufacturer's guarantee.