Bookmark this page
Prop 65 Info (CA Residents)
HVLP Spray Station 3000 Accessories
(1 Customer Review)
*** PRODUCT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED by the manufacturer ***
Parts available while supply last.
2.5mm Brass Needle: Ideal for a coarse finish and thin to thick viscosity materials.
Spray Gun Cleaning Kit: For all HVLP spray station guns. Comes with 5 brushes and 2 nozzle cleaners for fast, efficient clean-up. Assures preventive maintenance for longer life and perfect performance every time.
(1 Customer Review)
Write your own review
Date Posted: 2011-12-29 01:11:01
Easy to use and easy Cleaning
Posted By: Michael J. HENNESSEY
Location: LaConner, WA United States
I have used enamel and latex paints on furniture I made. Instead of water to thin lates I found flotrol to work better.
Machine cleaned up in a few minutes.
Cons: air filter picks up over spray even if you are at the end of the hose.
Earlex 3000 HVLP Spray System
Small to Large - Medium Duty
Fluid Tip Included
Gun Type & Capacity
Medium Duty 1qt Plastic
1" - 6"
Unscrew and Set
Taper Fan - Ametek
Gun, Hose & Power Cord
all on board
Needle Selection Chart:
Needle Fluid Tip Size
Cellulose, Acrylics, Synthetics, Polyurethane, Thinner
Oil base, Hammer, Oxide, Primer, Air Drying, Enamel, Varnish, Marine Paint, Multi-Color, industrial Synthetics, Oil, Polyurethane, Aluminum Thicker Lacquers, Water-Based Stains, Shellac)
Chlorinated Rubber, Oxide, Zinc Rich Primer, Epoxy, Plastic Additives, Floor Paving Paint, Latex
Spray Station FAQ's
- Q. The spray is very blotchy/splatters. What can I do?
- A. The paint requires thinning further (3.3 ounces to 4.3 ounces of the appropriate thinner).
- Q. What might be wrong if Intermittent spraying occurs?
- A. The pick-up tube is loose. Push in.
- B. The paint container is not tight enough. Hold the paint container and turn the spray gun.
- C. The paint requires more thinning/mixing.
- Q. It has stopped spraying during use. What might be wrong?
- A. The fluid tip may be blocked with paint. Also, check the air feed hole underneath the fluid tip.
- Q. I am getting an 'orange peel' effect. What can I do?
- A. The paint is being applied too thick. Turn the volume down, spray lighter coats, and use a smaller fluid tip and needle.
- B. The paint is drying before it hits the surface. Hold the spray gun closer to the item being sprayed.
- C. Spray Gun is not being held perpendicular to surface. Keep wrist and arm straight and move whole body. Keep spray gun an even distance from surface.
- Q. Can I get different sized fluid tips?
- A. Yes, you can get 1.0mm, 1.5mm and 2.5mm.
- Q. Will the SprayStation spray exterior latex/masonry paint?
- A. Yes, but with sufficient dilution and a 2.5mm fluid tip. This is better for walls and smaller areas rather than a whole house exterior because you will need to apply approximately 3 coats.
- Q. Do I need to mask anything?
- A. Although there is minimum overspray with HVLP technology you will always get a spray mist in the atmosphere, so it is advisable to mask over appliance sockets, light fittings etc. Also, cover any furniture in the area you are spraying with appropriate sheeting.
- Q. Will the Spray Gun I use spray different types of paint?
- A. Yes, but for different thicknesses different size Fluid Tips are available to achieve an improved finish . For example, 1.5mm for gloss paint or lacquers. (see needle chart for grade)
- Q. Does the viscosity guide cover all types of sprayers?
- A. No, it is only for Earlex SprayStations.
- Q. I have thinned the paint to the correct viscosity but it splatters everywhere, what can I do?
- A. You will need to thin it further. The viscosity test is a general guide to get the paint flowing. The timings can vary amongst various paint manufacturers. Try adding 3.3-4.4 ounces of the appropriate thinner then stir. See more about thinning at How-to section.
- Q. What do I thin the paint with?
- A. Water if water based. White spirit if solvent based. Cellulose if cellulose based.
- Q. Can I spray Hammerite?
- A. It is possible to spray but you will need to thin it nearly 50:50 with Hammerite thinners.
- Q. The paint I want to spray says `for brush or roller use only'. Can I spray this?
- A. This is usually because the paint manufacturer does not test it for spraying, However, most will spray with dilution. Always check with the manufacturer or our service department first.
- Q. Can I use my SprayStation for artificial suntan solution?
- A. No, the unit is not certified for this use or any other use not specified in the instructions. It will also invalidate the manufacturer's guarantee.