Unlike the folding variety of small diamond files from other manufacturers, the Diamond Cross 5" File is a sturdier "General Purpose" file. As with the rest of the Diamond Cross file range, they have a single solid piece of 1/16th Stainless Steel at their core which runs right through under the handle providing a comfortably robust feeling. The DC 5" File can be used for sharpening any number of different tools found in the kitchen, workshop or garden shed.
Diamond Cross 5 x 1" File Sharpening Applications:
- Kitchen Knives
- Saw Blades
- Craft Knives
- Garden Shears
- Blunt Tools
Diamond Cross 5 x 1" File Sharpening Features:
- GPS - General Purpose Stone: One of three Diamond Cross designs designated as a GPS for its versatility in being able to sharpen a huge array of tools.
- Handy Size:Small but perfectly formed, the 5 x 1" is just as at home in the kitchen drawer as in an "Old Pros workshop".
- Double-Sided 300/600 grit
- Coarse 50 Micron 300 grit diamond grade for fast stock removal and edge preparation
- Fine 25 Micron 600 grit diamond grade for honing a primary edge
- 1/16" Thick Rust-proof Stainless Steel Core
- Quality Assured: Every piece is factory assembled and rigorously tested.
- Diamond Cross Patterned Recess:The perfect balance between the ultra-hardwearing diamond coverage and anti-clog properties of the recess pattern.
- In Surface Grit Indicator: Large embedded number indicates the grade of the plate side.