TripleWing Chamfer Router Bit 45° by MLCS
Ideal for beveling and 45° miter.
3-flute, carbide-tipped with totally enclosed ball bearing guide, featuring our TripleWing™ smooth cutting, long lasting three wing technology. Ideal for beveling and decorative edges. Also used for producing a 45° edge for miters.
45°. 2-1/8" Large Diameter. 1" Cutting Length. 1/2" Shank
- Angle: 45°
- Large Diam: 2-1/8"
- Cut Length: 1"
Router Safety Chart - Suggested Speeds:
|Bit Diameter||Max Speed|
|up to 1"||24000 RPM|
|1-1/16" to 2"||18000 RPM|
|2-1/16" to 2-1/2"||16000 RPM|
|2-9/16" to 3"||14500 RPM|
|over 3"||12000 RPM|
Router Safety Tips:
- Always wear eye and ear protection.
- Always use properly sharpened bits.
- Never use bits that are dull or damaged.
- Shank must be completely inserted into collet and then backed-off approximately 1/16".
- Don't "bottom-out" bit in collet.
- Never partially insert bit into collet. Minimum 1" of shank needs to be in collet.
- Tighten bit securely and recheck periodically for possible slippage or "run-out" due to wear.
- Keep collet clean and replace if worn.
- Never start the router with the bit in contact with wood.
- Always feed your work or router in the proper direction against the bit rotation.
- Don't force feed the bit or overload your router, Feed at a constant moving speed to avoid burning the wood.
- Do not face tool's discharge when operating.
- Always unplug router when changing bits or making adjustments.
- Use a router table and fence whenever possible.
- Make sure your work piece is properly secured and use push blocks, sticks and featherboards whenever possible.
- Keep all your bits, bearings and assemblies clean, lubricated, and securely fastened. To avoid damage, store them properly in a pouch, box or tray.
- The bigger the bit, the lower RPM recommended (see chart).
- Extra cutting blade (THREE flute versus 2-flute) saves time by allowing more aggressive cuts, and therefore, fewer passes.
- Run at reduced speeds, helping to eliminate burning on problem woods, such as, cherry, oak, and others.
- Produce 50% more cuts per inch, for a smoother, cleaner result
- Stay sharp and last 50% longer than standard 2 flute router bits