Edge Banding Router Bit Set by K-Premium
- Large Diameter: 1-1/2"
- Cutting Height: 1"
- Cut Depth: 15/32"
- Shank Size: 1/2"
With K-Premium Micrograin carbide! Add an attractive and durable edge to your cabinet doors and shelf edges. For use with plywood panels, MDF panels or shelves from 1/2" to 1" thick. Matched 2 piece set is two flute, carbide-tipped. Simply center the male cutter on the stock and make the cut. Next match up the female cutter with the center point of the first cut. Finish by gluing together the two pieces and flush trim the edges, if necessary. The 60° bits feature a tongue & groove for a larger glue surface area and easier alignment of edge banding. Recommended for use in a table mounted router. 1-1/2" Large Diameter. 1" Cutting Height. 15/32" Cut Depth. 1/2" shank.
Router Safety Chart - Suggested Speeds:
|Bit Diameter||Max Speed|
|up to 1"||24000 RPM|
|1-1/16" to 2"||18000 RPM|
|2-1/16" to 2-1/2"||16000 RPM|
|2-9/16" to 3"||14500 RPM|
|over 3"||12000 RPM|
Router Safety Tips:
- Always wear eye and ear protection.
- Always use properly sharpened bits.
- Never use bits that are dull or damaged.
- Shank must be completely inserted into collet and then backed-off approximately 1/16".
- Don't "bottom-out" bit in collet.
- Never partially insert bit into collet. Minimum 1" of shank needs to be in collet.
- Tighten bit securely and recheck periodically for possible slippage or "run-out" due to wear.
- Keep collet clean and replace if worn.
- Never start the router with the bit in contact with wood.
- Always feed your work or router in the proper direction against the bit rotation.
- Don't force feed the bit or overload your router, Feed at a constant moving speed to avoid burning the wood.
- Do not face tool's discharge when operating.
- Always unplug router when changing bits or making adjustments.
- Use a router table and fence whenever possible.
- Make sure your work piece is properly secured and use push blocks, sticks and featherboards whenever possible.
- Keep all your bits, bearings and assemblies clean, lubricated, and securely fastened. To avoid damage, store them properly in a pouch, box or tray.
- The bigger the bit, the lower RPM recommended (see chart).
The K-PREMIUM Difference:
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE! Against Defects in workmanship and materials.
- Micro-grain carbide: Premium fine grain carbide yields a longer cutting life, and allows multiple resharpenings.
- High Hook & Shear angles: Allows cutter to slice smoothly into stock, producing the cleanest, splinter free cuts.
- Anti-kickback design: Round shoulder between cutters drastically reduces the chance of kickback.
- Diamond honed cutters: Multi-axis CNC grinders sharpen to a 600 grit mirror finish. Ground to +/- .005"
- Non-stick coating: Baked on heat resistant coating prevents sawdust, resin and pitch build-up.
- Safety Gauge Shank: Lines etched on the shank help you seat the bit in the router collet. A K-PREMIUM exclusive.