Shaker Raised Panel Door Router Bit Set by MLCS
This professional quality 3 piece set features 1/2" shank router bits with carbide cutters. Contains the bits needed to make beautiful, custom Shaker Raised Panel Doors. Use with wood stock up to 3/4" thickness. Includes a FREE wood storage box.
- Shaker Raised Panel with Undercutter Bit (#8699): Put a simple but timeless edge on the free floating raised panel in your door. 2-1/2" large diam. 1-1/4" depth of cut.
- Matched Rail & Stile 2 Piece Set (#8837): Create precisely mated rail and stiles that form a very durable frame. 1-5/8" large diam.
Router Safety Chart - Suggested Speeds:
|Bit Diameter||Max Speed|
|up to 1"||24000 RPM|
|1-1/16" to 2"||18000 RPM|
|2-1/16" to 2-1/2"||16000 RPM|
|2-9/16" to 3"||14500 RPM|
|over 3"||12000 RPM|
Router Safety Tips:
- Always wear eye and ear protection.
- Always use properly sharpened bits.
- Never use bits that are dull or damaged.
- Shank must be completely inserted into collet and then backed-off approximately 1/16".
- Don't "bottom-out" bit in collet.
- Never partially insert bit into collet. Minimum 1" of shank needs to be in collet.
- Tighten bit securely and recheck periodically for possible slippage or "run-out" due to wear.
- Keep collet clean and replace if worn.
- Never start the router with the bit in contact with wood.
- Always feed your work or router in the proper direction against the bit rotation.
- Don't force feed the bit or overload your router, Feed at a constant moving speed to avoid burning the wood.
- Do not face tool's discharge when operating.
- Always unplug router when changing bits or making adjustments.
- Use a router table and fence whenever possible.
- Make sure your work piece is properly secured and use push blocks, sticks and featherboards whenever possible.
- Keep all your bits, bearings and assemblies clean, lubricated, and securely fastened. To avoid damage, store them properly in a pouch, box or tray.
- The bigger the bit, the lower RPM recommended (see chart).