Reversible Glue Joint Bit (Wedge) by MLCS
For 1/2" to 1-1/4" Stock
Fast, accurate, and strong joints. Use for edge joining dor panels, table tops or any other glue-up projects. Reversible pattern allows you to cut both the tongue and the groove with one bit, Two-flute, carbide-tipped. Instructions included. 1/2" shank.
Don't foget to order Kwik Blocks for easy set-up!brand - click here
What's the difference?
- Profile: Wedge
- Stock Size: 1/2"-1-1/4"
- (L) Cutting Length: 1-1/4"
- (C) Cutting Depth: 5/32"
- Large Diameter: 1-3/4"
- Overall Length: --
- Shank Size: 1/2"
Router Safety Chart - Suggested Speeds:
|Bit Diameter||Max Speed|
|up to 1"||24000 RPM|
|1-1/16" to 2"||18000 RPM|
|2-1/16" to 2-1/2"||16000 RPM|
|2-9/16" to 3"||14500 RPM|
|over 3"||12000 RPM|
Router Safety Tips:
- Always wear eye and ear protection.
- Always use properly sharpened bits.
- Never use bits that are dull or damaged.
- Shank must be completely inserted into collet and then backed-off approximately 1/16".
- Don't "bottom-out" bit in collet.
- Never partially insert bit into collet. Minimum 1" of shank needs to be in collet.
- Tighten bit securely and recheck periodically for possible slippage or "run-out" due to wear.
- Keep collet clean and replace if worn.
- Never start the router with the bit in contact with wood.
- Always feed your work or router in the proper direction against the bit rotation.
- Don't force feed the bit or overload your router, Feed at a constant moving speed to avoid burning the wood.
- Do not face tool's discharge when operating.
- Always unplug router when changing bits or making adjustments.
- Use a router table and fence whenever possible.
- Make sure your work piece is properly secured and use push blocks, sticks and featherboards whenever possible.
- Keep all your bits, bearings and assemblies clean, lubricated, and securely fastened. To avoid damage, store them properly in a pouch, box or tray.
- The bigger the bit, the lower RPM recommended (see chart).