Raised Panel with Undercutter Router Bits by K-Premium
2 flute, carbide-tipped with totally enclosed ball bearing guides. The undercutter panel bit lets you produce flush panels, adds a radius to the back sides of panels for decorative appearance or reduces the exposed upper panel profile. Cuts the back and front of the panel with one bit. K-Premium offers three exquisite profiles: a graceful cove curve, classic ogee, and the 18° bevel.
All Bits 1/2" Shank
Router Safety Chart - Suggested Speeds:
|Bit Diameter||Max Speed|
|up to 1"||24000 RPM|
|1-1/16" to 2"||18000 RPM|
|2-1/16" to 2-1/2"||16000 RPM|
|2-9/16" to 3"||14500 RPM|
|over 3"||12000 RPM|
Router Safety Tips:
- Always wear eye and ear protection.
- Always use properly sharpened bits.
- Never use bits that are dull or damaged.
- Shank must be completely inserted into collet and then backed-off approximately 1/16".
- Don't "bottom-out" bit in collet.
- Never partially insert bit into collet. Minimum 1" of shank needs to be in collet.
- Tighten bit securely and recheck periodically for possible slippage or "run-out" due to wear.
- Keep collet clean and replace if worn.
- Never start the router with the bit in contact with wood.
- Always feed your work or router in the proper direction against the bit rotation.
- Don't force feed the bit or overload your router, Feed at a constant moving speed to avoid burning the wood.
- Do not face tool's discharge when operating.
- Always unplug router when changing bits or making adjustments.
- Use a router table and fence whenever possible.
- Make sure your work piece is properly secured and use push blocks, sticks and featherboards whenever possible.
- Keep all your bits, bearings and assemblies clean, lubricated, and securely fastened. To avoid damage, store them properly in a pouch, box or tray.
- The bigger the bit, the lower RPM recommended (see chart).
The K-PREMIUM Difference:
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE! Against Defects in workmanship and materials.
- Micro-grain carbide: Premium fine grain carbide yields a longer cutting life, and allows multiple resharpenings.
- High Hook & Shear angles: Allows cutter to slice smoothly into stock, producing the cleanest, splinter free cuts.
- Anti-kickback design: Round shoulder between cutters drastically reduces the chance of kickback.
- Diamond honed cutters: Multi-axis CNC grinders sharpen to a 600 grit mirror finish. Ground to +/- .005"
- Non-stick coating: Baked on heat resistant coating prevents sawdust, resin and pitch build-up.
- Safety Gauge Shank: Lines etched on the shank help you seat the bit in the router collet. A K-PREMIUM exclusive.