Make perfect raised panel doors and drawers with the best router bits made in the USA.
All bits are 1/2" Shank, carbide-tipped and are for use in a router table only.
SAVE! Complete Raised Panel Door Sets
ALL Complete 6 Piece Raised Panel Door Sets include:
- Raised Panel Bit. See options below.
- 2-Piece Rail and Stile Set. See options below.
- Glue Joint Bit #190-2705
- Drawer Lock Bit #182-1715
- Drawer Pull Bit #180-2825
- PLUS 100 piece bag of Space Balls #447-7170
Ogee/Ogee Set #199-1861 (shown) includes:
- Ogee Bead Raised Panel Bit #186-5825.
- Roman Ogee Stile and Rail Set #185-0700
Cove/Round Over Set #199-1862 includes:
- Cove Raised Panel Bit #186-5805.
- Round Over Stile and Rail Set #185-0800
3-Wing Safety Raised Panel Bits
For 5/8" to 3/4" thick stock. Also makes great door fronts. Designed for straight, arch pattern, and cathedral doors. The ball bearing guide allows you to follow a pattern. These router bits feature anti-kickback design. Overall length is 3". Use light, multiple passes. See: 3-Wing Safety Raised Panel Bits.
2 Piece Stile and Rail Set
For 11/16" to 7/8" thick stock. Make square edge or arch cathedral pattern doors without the need for a fence. All bits cut a standard 1/4" x 3/8" thick tongue and they are two-flute with ball bearing guides. Instructions included. See: 2-Piece Stile and Rail Bit Sets.
Reversible Glue Joint Bit
Make fast and strong joints. Use for edge-joining door panels or table tops. Reversible pattern allows you to cut both the tongue and the groove with just one bit. Instructions included. See: Reversible Glue Joint Bits.
Reversible Drawer Lock Glue Joint Bit
For 1/2" to 3/4" thick stock. Glue drawer front and sides together, locking them in place. Produce a strong, durable, and efficient joint. Two-flute. Instructions included. See: Reversible Drawer Lock Glue Joint Bits.
Door and Drawer Pull Bit
Adjust cutter heights for desired upper bead reveal. See: Door and Drawer Pull Bits.
Router Safety Chart - Suggested Speeds:
|Bit Diameter||Max Speed|
|up to 1"||24000 RPM|
|1-1/16" to 2"||18000 RPM|
|2-1/16" to 2-1/2"||16000 RPM|
|2-9/16" to 3"||14500 RPM|
|over 3"||12000 RPM|
Router Safety Tips:
- Always wear eye and ear protection.
- Always use properly sharpened bits.
- Never use bits that are dull or damaged.
- Shank must be completely inserted into collet and then backed-off approximately 1/16".
- Don't "bottom-out" bit in collet.
- Never partially insert bit into collet. Minimum 1" of shank needs to be in collet.
- Tighten bit securely and recheck periodically for possible slippage or "run-out" due to wear.
- Keep collet clean and replace if worn.
- Never start the router with the bit in contact with wood.
- Always feed your work or router in the proper direction against the bit rotation.
- Don't force feed the bit or overload your router, Feed at a constant moving speed to avoid burning the wood.
- Do not face tool's discharge when operating.
- Always unplug router when changing bits or making adjustments.
- Use a router table and fence whenever possible.
- Make sure your work piece is properly secured and use push blocks, sticks and featherboards whenever possible.
- Keep all your bits, bearings and assemblies clean, lubricated, and securely fastened. To avoid damage, store them properly in a pouch, box or tray.
- The bigger the bit, the lower RPM recommended (see chart).