Design better knock down furniture and build more robust and versatile jigs for your shop. Thread Taps cut cleaner and faster than traditional thread taps and are specifically made for wood. You'll quickly find yourself tapping everything.
- Taps designed for woodworkers by woodworkers
- Designed exclusively for use in wood
- Designed with a hex shank for use in a drill
- Made from M2 Grade High Speed Steel
- CAD-Designed for accurate dimensions
- Three wide flutes for excellent chip ejection
- Unique cutting face for clean cutting action
- Two thread chamfer for immediate start
Tapping threads is a process usually reserved for the world of metals and plastics where a hole is drilled and a special cutter is used to create the appropriate threads. Did you know that wood is capable of being threaded as well? Just think about the possible applications for jigs, knock-down furniture, and hardware installations if you no longer have to rely on threaded inserts, tee nuts, and screws!
Eagle America thread taps were designed with woodworkers in mind. They cut quickly and cleanly and the resulting threads are strong enough for many applications.
Standard sizes sold individually in six sizes or a 3 or 6 piece kit. Metric sizes: M10 x 1.5, M12 x 1.75, M14 x 2.0.