CRB7 Base is no long available. Accessory Trim Kit and Edge Guide are still available.
- Offset Baseplate
- Small Circle Compass
- Anti Tilt Support
- Adjustable Mortising
- Large Circle Compass
- False Panel Rebate Copier
- Adjustable Clamp Guide
- With Micro Adjustment
NEW FEATURES of CRB7 MK3
- Large Circle Compass Feature: A combination of the MK3's new aluminium Compass Hub and Guide Rods. Extends the CRB7's circle cutting range from 19'' to over 4ft/50” Dia. (225 - 1270mm). The circle diameter can also be micro adjusted without having to remove the router or assembly from its set-up.
- Two pairs of Guide Rods: 9/32'' (7mm) diameter to fit routers with smaller rod drillings E.g. Porter Cable's 690 series and 5/16” (8mm) diameter to fit routers with larger rod drillings E.g. DeWalt 621.
- Guide Rod Locking Bars: Improve the efficiency of the initial ‘‘set up” and reduce time taken when assembling the rods. Insert the Lock Bars into the Guide Rod drillings to tighten or loosen the assembly.
- NEW Large Circle Compass: Cut circles over 4 ft in diameter. Super fast set-up means that the router doesn't even have to be taken from the CRB7. Maintains the same level of precision, adjustability and accuracy of cut that the CRB7 has always provided.
- Adjustable Mortising: A unique feature that allows “Centered and Off Centered” mortises. Decide on and precisely control the actual dimensions of the mortise.
- Anti Tilt Support: Another first, variable height triangulated stabilization. Usually most of the router base remains unsupported when edge routing. The CRB7 Anti Tilt Leg supports the router eliminating router tilt, especially important when routing work pieces with a high aspect ratio.
- Small Circle Compass: Route precision circles and holes that are actually smaller than the base of the router. Micro Adjust the circle dimension without disturbing the set up. Min Radius: 3/4” (19mm) Max Radius: 8-3/4” (225mm) Min Diameter: 1-1/2” (38mm) Max Diameter: 17-1/2” (450mm) *Measured using a 1/4” (6mm) straight router cutter.
- Adjustable Clamp Guide: Run the CRB7 up against your clamp guide to accurately route parallel dado’s along the length or width of your work piece. The Micro Adjuster reduces clamp guide set up time.
- Off Set Base Plate: Increases overall router stability, reducing errors when edge molding by more than doubling the surface contact area between router and work piece. CRB7 also positions the pivot hand guiding the router toward the center of the panel, smoothing out the router pass action, reducing the chance of burn marks.
- Adjustable false panel dado copier: The CRB7 provides a simple and exceptionally quick way of accurately repeating a molded dado. Ideal for production batch quality faux or false panelling.
- Edging & Dowell Trim Kit: Quick-fit the Trim Kit Riser Pad, to flush trim hardwood lippings and dowels in one routing pass. (Requires accessory kit)
- Edge Guide Kit: Allows parallel dado’s up to an impressive 7-1/2" in from the board edge. (a greater range than a regular edge guide offers). Or edge mold decorative panels. Machined in solid clear Perspex with mounting points for a false face piece. (Requires accessory kit)
- Set up with speed and ease: Fitting the CRB7 to your favorite router couldn’t be easier. The New Crank Plates and additional set of Guide Rods allow the CRB7 to be fitted to any router with 2x through rod drillings and rod pinch bolt. Select the correct sized Rods for your router and the Adjustable Crank Plates will adjust rod height and width simultaneously.
- Quick Change: Unlike most router jigs, the CRB7 can be fitted/removed in no time. No fiddly screws or special fitting plates required.
- New Locking Bars: Help to tighten and loosen the guide rods during initial “Set Up'' and Large Compass assembly.
- Indexed Micro Adjuster: Allows precise control over the router cutter position. Knurled and indexed for ease of use.
- 2" Bakelite Ball Handle: Ergonomic design, comfortable to the touch, allows for easy hours of consecutive use.
- Indexed Rule: A self-adhesive Imperial/Metric rule, another feature to ensure quick visual indication of the router cutter position.
- Two Part Anti Tilt Leg: Supports and stabilizes the router when edge routing. The two leg sections accommodate combinations of router position and work piece thickness.
- Magnetic Pivot Pin Storage: A no-loose home for this essential component, safe and easily accessible whenever required.
- Professional Grade Build: Made in the United Kingdom. The CRB7 is manufactured to the highest standards. Including hard anodized, solid aluminium bridge, laser cut 3/16” (5mm) thick acrylic base plate and precision turned steel and brass components.
- 2-Year Guarantee: Our extended guarantee is testimony to the build quality of the CRB7 MK3 and ensures our customers can buy in confidence.
Accessory Trim Kit (#415-2311) lets you trim hardwood and iron-on edging flush with the panel with ease and accuracy.
How to rout repeated Dados with the CRB7 Combination Router Base