"Holy Smokes, what a difference over a fabric strap clamp and the amount of pressure you can get. Definitely check out the Merle Clamp--it's a really good investment!" Quote from The Wood Whisperer.
The Merle Band Clamp features quick release corners and pivoting, self-adjusting jaws that align to any angle, even circles!
Includes a 23 ft. steel banding reel, four quick release corners, and four pivoting jaw inserts. The flexible jaw inserts are non-marring and are easily removed. They are made of high impact ABS plastic for a long life and heavy use. The dual pivot feature allows the Merle to clamp virtually any size, shape, or project securely! Perfect for circles and ovals and polygonal shapes (such as 120° Triangles, 90° Rectangles, 72° Pentagons, 60° Hexagons, 51.5° Septagons, 45° Octagons).
- Ships with 23' STEEL banding reel.
- Almost no capacity limitation!
- Steel banding provides greater clamping pressure than fabric strap clamps.
- Clamps as small as 2-5/8" x 2-5/8" to 69" x 69", or 23' around, but can be extended to any length by using standard 3/8" steel banding or strapping.
- Holds any type of frame for easy gluing, nailing or screwing.
- Even jointing force at all corners.
- Excellent for wide cabinet type frames (use in the center or edges),
- Excellent for for narrow picture frames.
- Use as much or as little clamping pressure as needed.
- Cast aluminum and steel construction makes the Merle clamp a tough tool that will work hard and long for you.
- Quick Release Corner Clips pull off with finger pressure. Just clip on more corners and get to work!
Merle Clamp Review and 3 Project Demo
by Next Level Woodworking
Merle Clamp Demo Video