Two Piece Loose Tenon Flooring Joint Sets by MLCS
- Create, replace or repair hardwood flooring.
- Top mounted bearing slot cutter creates a 1/4" high x 3/8" deep groove.
- Ideal for cleaning out grooves or creating new grooves in flooring that has already been installed.
- Bull Nose bit creates a full half round on the edges of the loose tenon material to make installation easy.
TIP: The recommended size for the loose tenon is 1/4" high by 23/32" wide.
2 Bit Set includes the following:
- Top Mounted Bearing Slot Cutter 1/4" Carbide Height x 3/8" Depth of Cut
- Bull Nose Bit 1/4" Circle Diameter
Router Safety Chart - Suggested Speeds:
|Bit Diameter||Max Speed|
|up to 1"||24000 RPM|
|1-1/16" to 2"||18000 RPM|
|2-1/16" to 2-1/2"||16000 RPM|
|2-9/16" to 3"||14500 RPM|
|over 3"||12000 RPM|
Router Safety Tips:
- Always wear eye and ear protection.
- Always use properly sharpened bits.
- Never use bits that are dull or damaged.
- Shank must be completely inserted into collet and then backed-off approximately 1/16".
- Don't "bottom-out" bit in collet.
- Never partially insert bit into collet. Minimum 1" of shank needs to be in collet.
- Tighten bit securely and recheck periodically for possible slippage or "run-out" due to wear.
- Keep collet clean and replace if worn.
- Never start the router with the bit in contact with wood.
- Always feed your work or router in the proper direction against the bit rotation.
- Don't force feed the bit or overload your router, Feed at a constant moving speed to avoid burning the wood.
- Do not face tool's discharge when operating.
- Always unplug router when changing bits or making adjustments.
- Use a router table and fence whenever possible.
- Make sure your work piece is properly secured and use push blocks, sticks and featherboards whenever possible.
- Keep all your bits, bearings and assemblies clean, lubricated, and securely fastened. To avoid damage, store them properly in a pouch, box or tray.
- The bigger the bit, the lower RPM recommended (see chart).