Screw Slot Router Bits by MLCS
Two-flute, carbide-tipped router bits with anti-kickback design for safety.
- Route versatile screw slots for securing large panels or tabletops.
- Hole allows for expansion and contraction due to changing temperature and humidity, preventing the wood from splitting and the screw from failing.
- Fits #8 screws.
Save $5 with Combo Set!
2 Piece Set #7686 includes the following bits:
- Counterbore Screw Slot Router Bit #7682
- Countersink Screw Slot Router Bit #7683
Separately, $37.90. ONLY $32.95. SAVE $4.95
Router Safety Chart - Suggested Speeds:
|Bit Diameter||Max Speed|
|up to 1"||24000 RPM|
|1-1/16" to 2"||18000 RPM|
|2-1/16" to 2-1/2"||16000 RPM|
|2-9/16" to 3"||14500 RPM|
|over 3"||12000 RPM|
Router Safety Tips:
- Always wear eye and ear protection.
- Always use properly sharpened bits.
- Never use bits that are dull or damaged.
- Shank must be completely inserted into collet and then backed-off approximately 1/16".
- Don't "bottom-out" bit in collet.
- Never partially insert bit into collet. Minimum 1" of shank needs to be in collet.
- Tighten bit securely and recheck periodically for possible slippage or "run-out" due to wear.
- Keep collet clean and replace if worn.
- Never start the router with the bit in contact with wood.
- Always feed your work or router in the proper direction against the bit rotation.
- Don't force feed the bit or overload your router, Feed at a constant moving speed to avoid burning the wood.
- Do not face tool's discharge when operating.
- Always unplug router when changing bits or making adjustments.
- Use a router table and fence whenever possible.
- Make sure your work piece is properly secured and use push blocks, sticks and featherboards whenever possible.
- Keep all your bits, bearings and assemblies clean, lubricated, and securely fastened. To avoid damage, store them properly in a pouch, box or tray.
- The bigger the bit, the lower RPM recommended (see chart).