Wainscot Paneling & Beadboard System by MLCS
Create beautiful Wainscoting wall trim and paneling for backs of bookcases and more. The special 2-piece "V" Tongue and Groove set (8547) features a rounded tapered tongue for easy insertion. This set cuts a 3/16" depth and has tongue thickness of 3/32". The extra long 45° Beading Bit (8548) allows you to produce a 3/16" bead in boards up to 4" wide. For 3/8" to 5/8" stock. All Bits 1/2" Shank.
Wainscot Paneling & Beadboard 3 Bit Set: SAVE $10
Combo Package #8549 Includes:
- Wainscoting V Tongue and Groove Set #8547
- Beadboard Beading Router Bit #8548
Router Safety Chart - Suggested Speeds:
|Bit Diameter||Max Speed|
|up to 1"||24000 RPM|
|1-1/16" to 2"||18000 RPM|
|2-1/16" to 2-1/2"||16000 RPM|
|2-9/16" to 3"||14500 RPM|
|over 3"||12000 RPM|
Router Safety Tips:
- Always wear eye and ear protection.
- Always use properly sharpened bits.
- Never use bits that are dull or damaged.
- Shank must be completely inserted into collet and then backed-off approximately 1/16".
- Don't "bottom-out" bit in collet.
- Never partially insert bit into collet. Minimum 1" of shank needs to be in collet.
- Tighten bit securely and recheck periodically for possible slippage or "run-out" due to wear.
- Keep collet clean and replace if worn.
- Never start the router with the bit in contact with wood.
- Always feed your work or router in the proper direction against the bit rotation.
- Don't force feed the bit or overload your router, Feed at a constant moving speed to avoid burning the wood.
- Do not face tool's discharge when operating.
- Always unplug router when changing bits or making adjustments.
- Use a router table and fence whenever possible.
- Make sure your work piece is properly secured and use push blocks, sticks and featherboards whenever possible.
- Keep all your bits, bearings and assemblies clean, lubricated, and securely fastened. To avoid damage, store them properly in a pouch, box or tray.
- The bigger the bit, the lower RPM recommended (see chart).